With so many drinks on the market, it’s hard to know which ones are good for you and which ones aren’t. You may be surprised to know that some of your favorite drinks are not actually healthy! For example, green tea, known for its powerful antioxidants, actually contains high levels of caffeine, which can cause indigestion and nervousness if you drink too much. Instead, try drinking more water. Not only is it free, but it’s also good for you.
Be Healthy, Drink Green Tea
Green tea is a healthy drink that has been shown to boost metabolism and increase energy levels. What’s more, studies have shown that green tea can lower the risk of heart disease, prevent cancer, and even aid in weight loss. It is also a natural anti-inflammatory, which can reduce the symptoms of arthritis and may lower the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. It is a healthy drink that has been shown to boost metabolism and increase energy levels.
The Healthiest Drinks
Make the switch and choose to be healthy with these drinks:
- Coconut Water – There is nothing like coconut water, and there never will be. Its flavor is unlike any other fruit, and it’s loaded with nutrients that you just can’t find in other drinks. So why is coconut water so good for you? For one, it contains anti-viral properties that can help you fight off illnesses, and it’s been shown to lower blood pressure. It’s also hydrating and has even been shown to help with heartburn.
- Pomegranate Juice – it is loaded with antioxidants (which may be able to protect against certain cancers) and is hydrating as well as low in calories. However, many people believe that its main health benefit is that it’s good for your heart. If you’re talking about Pomegranate Juice for its heart benefits, then the answer is more complicated.
- Cranberry Juice – Cranberry juice has been touted for its health benefits for years and for a good reason. This tart and tangy drink are brimming with vitamins A, C, and E and several important minerals, including potassium, iron, and calcium, all of which are essential for maintaining good health.
- Ginger Tea – It is a great remedy for nausea and also makes an excellent drink that is great for calming your nerves and clearing your sinuses. For thousands of years, people have consumed ginger as a tea to treat sore throats, colds, coughs, cramps, nausea, and even morning sickness. As long as you add the right amount of sugar to cut the bitterness, it is a surprisingly tasty drink that is sure to clear up your sinuses and leave you feeling refreshed.
- Hot Chocolate – Drinking this every day can help to keep your heart healthy, as the cocoa in this drink can lower your blood pressure. While this is not a cure for high blood pressure, it can reduce the likelihood of suffering a stroke. Drinking hot chocolate can also help you sleep better, reduce stress levels, and even help you lose weight.
- Orange Juice – Orange juice is also a great source of vitamin C and potassium, which can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- Beet Juice – Red beet juice is one of the healthiest things you can consume if you want a healthy heart. Red beet juice is rich in nitrates, improving your heart health by increasing blood flow, reducing the risk of blood clots, and helping to reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Kale Juice – Kale juice is a healthy drink because of its high nutritional value. The leaf of the kale plant contains beta-carotene, calcium, iron, and Vitamin K. Juicing the kale leaves with a little apple and carrot juice gives the drink added sweetness and flavor.
- Lemon Juice – lemonade is more than simply a refreshing summer drink: the citrus fruit that gives lemonade its tangy flavor is also a healthy snack. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight free radicals in the body. Lemons are also a good source of folate, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, which helps relieve constipation and may reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
People tend to neglect the importance of healthy drinks. While we believe in the power of water, we overlook its ability to hydrate us without providing us with any other benefits simply. And this is exactly why we think you should switch to healthy drinks.